Playing with America's Doll A Cultural Analysis of the American Girl Collec
Emilie Zaslow begins by tracing the development of American Girl and situates the company's growth and popularity in a social history of girl power media culture. She then weaves analyses of the collection's narrative and material representations with qualitative research on mothers and girls. Examining the dolls with both a critical eye and a fan's curiosity, Zaslow raises questions about the values espoused by this iconic American brand. This item is in the category "Books & Magazines\Books". The seller is "greatbookprices1" and is located in this country: US.
This item can be shipped to North, South, or Latin America, all countries in Europe, Japan, Australia.
- ISBN: 9781137566485
- EAN: 9781137566485
- Publication Year: 2017
- Format: Hardcover
- Language: English
- Book Title: Playing with America's Doll : a Cultural Analysis of the American Girl Collection
- Author: Emilie Zaslow
- Item Length: 8.3in.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Genre: Crafts & Hobbies, Social Science
- Topic: Feminism & Feminist Theory, Children's Studies, Gender Studies, Women's Studies, Dolls & Doll Clothing
- Item Width: 5.8in.
- Item Weight: 135.7 Oz
- Number of Pages: Xi, 204 Pages